My Data Science Interview, Solving A Case Study
I applied for a Data Science role recently. They gave me five flat CSV files and asked me to analyse the data and present my findings. I decided to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- I reviewed one of the CSV files in Excel. Just a basic first pass at the data
- I cleaned and uploaded the CSVs into SQL
- I downloaded Tableau, trial version, and decided to learn how to use it. I created a dashboard in Tableau
- With the dashboard, I completed a basic high level analysis of any odd outliers or trends.
- I built 3 predictive models off of the data, in python. The first model was a basic regression line trend. the second was a full XGBoost model. The third was a penalized linear regression. None of them performed well but it was the thought that counts!
Here was my final presentation!
Data Science Writeup 1.29.17